Sunday, January 19, 2014

Series Introduction: What Hadley Ate This Week

Most of the time when I explain what PKU is and what is off-limits for Hadley's diet (which is a lot!), people want to know what she *can* eat. To give you a better idea of the kinds of food Hadley eats on a regular basis, I thought I would show you her meals from the week. There are things other than what will be shown here, but this gives you a general idea of the type of food and the quantity. We are on a very strict phe limit per day so everything must be weighed to a precise amount. Her formula is very filling so that helps to keep her tummy full and get in the necessary calories. I decided to break up this series into 4 posts: breakfast, lunch, snacks, and dinner. If I tried to do it all in one post it would be pretty "picture-heavy."  Some of these foods (like the goldfish, for example) will become off-limits as she gets older and is eating a larger quantity of food at each meal. I hope you enjoy! 

Stay tuned for the first post of the series! 

No comments:

Post a Comment