The weekend before Christmas, we made a PKU-friendly (and less messy!) alternative to a gingerbread house--waffle cone Christmas trees! The waffle cones themselves were not PKU approved, but I knew she wouldn't be interested in eating them anyway. I had a feeling she would only want to lick the icing and the skittles--and I was right.
On Christmas Eve we made low-protein cookies for Santa and Hadley got to help cut them out and decorate them with sprinkles. Poor Santa didn't get to eat his cookie though, because Hadley assumed they were all for her. :)
On Christmas morning she got an extra special breakfast treat. She was very excited about her strawberry and banana candy cane!
She also got some phe-free cotton candy in her stocking. Overall, I think Hadley had a wonderful Christmas and I hope that I can continue to find fun ideas for her to do during the holidays so she never feels left out just because of her dietary restrictions.
you are such a good mommy! I love your creativity and your strong desire to make sure H is never missing out on anything.
ReplyDeleteA
therowdyroberts.blogspot.com