Sunday, September 1, 2013

Curious Hadley's 2nd Birthday Party

For the past year, Curious George has been on a continuous loop on our TV (thank you Netflix!). Hadley can actually recite parts of episodes right before they happen. The downside to all this is that she seems to think she can leap over chairs like a monkey...which led to a busted lip the day before her 2 year old pictures. 

I knew that I wanted to give Hadley a Curious George themed party but I wanted to put a girly spin on it. What's a 2 year old girl's party without lots of pink?! 
Birthday morning presents from Mommy & Daddy

This was on a bulletin board covered with pictures of my curious little girl throughout the past year.

Yellow hat place settings
Banner made with yellow and pink chevron paper





 Guests signed their names in this Curious George birthday book

Banana bread party favors next to a sign that says "Thanks for swinging by!"

Favors for Hadley's "curious" buddies

More homemade yellow & pink chevron decorations!

Hadley's special low-protein cupcake

Fish crackers for the Quints

Nuts for Jumpy Squirrel

Worm race worms

Licorice whips
Veggies for Bill's bunnies

Instead of cake we had a make your own banana split bar!

Hadley's low-protein version of a banana split!

The birthday girl's shirt...complete with strawberry syrup stains. :)
Overall the party was a big success! I had a great time planning it and making the decorations. For us, birthdays aren't just about celebrating another year of Hadley's life, but they're also a celebration of making it through another year with PKU. I'm so thankful for the friends and family who helped us celebrate!






11 comments:

  1. it looks awesome!! Happy Birthday Hadley:)

    A
    therowdyroberts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, seriously, I love every idea! Do you have your little decor signs available to print anywhere? This is exactly what I'm doing for my little one turning 2 in a few weeks! It's like you were reading my mind!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I should have saved them all so I could pass them along to print, but I didn't. It was super simple though. I just bought some Avery labels and downloaded the format from their website. Then I just google searched for whatever images I was looking for. I downloaded a free font called Jenna Sue that I love and used that on the labels. Then I just attached the labels to card stock and taped toothpicks to the backs so I could stick them in the bowls.

      Delete
    2. What size Avery labels did you use?

      Delete
    3. I don't think I still have them but they were around a 3x4 inch size roughly. You could buy whatever size labels you wanted to use and on the back of the package it should tell you what format to download from the Avery website.

      Delete
  3. I love, love, love this! My daughter is only 18 months right now but she loves Curious George. If she still loves it by the time her 2nd birthday comes I may be using some of your ideas :) I love the plates! Too cute! And the different foods. And her shirt! Where did you find that shirt? Or did you make it with decals? P.S. I found this through pinterest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got the shirt from a local store that does appliqués/monogramming. They did a fantastic job!

      Delete
  4. I love how you put everything together! Especially the cups, I would greatly appreciate if you can tell me how you did it :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! For the cups I just bought some yellow plastic cups and put black electrical tape around the rims. I wasn't sure if it would taste funny when drinking out of the cup, so I left plenty of cups un-taped. :)

      Delete
  5. My daughter LOVES LOVES LOVES Curious George and wants her 3rd party to be CG. Can you tell me how you found the pics for the food labels?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just googled them! You might could also look on PBS's website. They may have pictures of the characters that you could use.

      Delete